Friday, March 6, 2009

The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve; Lovers, to bed; 'tis almost fairy time.

It has been a few days since my last post, and as late as it is right now (well past 3am) I feel the need to write.

It has been a week of emotional ups and downs for me. I was surprised to find that while I THOUGHT I finally had my emotions in check, they were simply in a state of hibernation. That being said, I had a very emotional night on Wednesday/Thursday. However, I want to believe that this was my heart's final outburst...just a way of purging feelings that still lingered.

I've done a great deal of soul searching in the last few weeks, trying to mend a broken heart and finally find the courage to move on. I've resolved myself to the fact that a reconcilliation...a return to what once was...is no longer possible. Not so much from his end as from mine. Friendship is all that I am willing to offer...and even that will be a long time coming. I fear that anything more than civility toward each other will not allow me to fully mend what has been broken within me. But that's ok...it's a step in the right direction.


On a brighter note, I have had the privledge of meeting a new friend recently. And while flirting and a smidgen of romance exists between us, I am comfortable for now just getting to know him better. I need friends now more than anything...people with the same interests and similar dreams. Our time together tonight was a beautiful reminder that there is life after heartbreak, and companionship is something that I most desire right now.

So as I bid goodnight, I would like to thank my new friend for a wonderful evening...however brief our time together was. To quote a favorite line, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Oíche mhaith agus codladh sámh (Good night and sleep well)

No comments:

Post a Comment