Yes, it has been awhile since this wandering princess has posted here...However, I have had good reason for my absence. Simply put...I needed a break. A vacation from all things Second Life.
The last few months have been a series of ups and downs in both SL and RL. I've gone from serious depression to times of elation. And just when I thought that all bad feelings had come to an end, another bump in the road would appear out of nowhere and throw me into a ditch once again. And so, I felt a need to distance myself from the chaos...to re-evaluate my reasons for being in SL in the first place.
In my self-imposed exile, I've come to terms with a number of things. And while there are still times that I let my mind wander and allow my obsessive need for answers (and retribution) get the best of me, they have become few and far between.
Have I found answers? Maybe, and maybe not. I HAVE come to realize that I need to begin to focus on myself a bit more rather than what other people think. I HAVE come to realize that I need to put more stock and more effort into my life in the REAL WORLD rather than the fantasy I've created in SL. I need to foster my creativity. I need to finish the things that I for too long have left sitting idle, hoping for some spark of inspiration. I think...no, I KNOW...that I will NOT find this in SL.
Am I ready to leave it all behind? No, not really. I have many good reasons to stay in SL...they know who they are, or at least I hope they know. The point I guess is that I've managed to find some focus in my time away. I've been able to reconnect in many ways with my RL...most of all, with my family.
However, I do feel my days in SL are waning.
I guess we shall see what the future holds...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment